Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Options

I never really thought about how important the decision of what type of camera you use is. I've always just used the camera given to me and made it work. Knowing what I know now, each camera is a bit different. I think you should judge what type of camera you use on what exactly you plan to film and where/when you plan to film it. I want to shoot outside but I've always had trouble with overexposure and since I only have the camera for so long, I want to use a camera I am comfortable with. I'm choosing the SonyHDV. Even though both cameras have irises that I can adjust, I like having the option of two ND filters instead of one. They've helped me a lot in the past especially when it comes to filming smack dab in the middle of the day. Also, the last few times I've shot something for class, I used the Sony HDV. I'm not entirely comfortable with using just SD cards, but the few times I have used it, the footage was transferred to my harddrive really easily. Plus I think there is only one computer in the lab that takes HD tapes and I don't want to risk that. (I'm not even sure if the Sony HDV does need a HD tape deck). I think they're both really cool cameras plus for some reason, I can't handle a JVC. I always feel uneasy handling it so that is another reason I am using the SonyHDV.

Hopefully my project turns out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment