Friday, February 25, 2011

No grand gestures necessary

Today I was in the Ferg filling out some paperwork when a guy asked me is I was a TCF student. I looked up at him and politely said yes and he says, "You're Tiffany right? I think you know my father. He showed me some of your work and I really liked it."

Now I've done about 10 projects before and I immediately knew what work he was talking about. He was talking about the digital story I made in your class over the summer. My first instinct was to be embarrassed. The story was very personal and I feel weird when someone tells me they've seen it. Then I was flattered that he went out of his way to compliment me and introduce himself.

So what's my point? This is why I want to edit. Simple words like, "I enjoyed your work". It's nice to hear, I don't need Oscars, awards, A's, etc. Someone enjoyed something I did and they took the time out to tell me. I've been smiling ever since. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment