Monday, February 21, 2011

Lessons Learned

I didn’t realize telling a story using only visuals was so hard. I’ve always been okay with editing but this time I had a hard time because I had to rely solely on the footage I shot. I’m so used to using sound, pacing, and other things to help get my point across. One of my main problems is/was and probably always will be is my lack of planning. I didn’t think my project all the way through so when we were finished, I didn’t have what I needed to tell a story. If I would have planned, maybe I would have thought to add simple things like books, a teacher, and other things I could have shot to get my point across more.

I think I learned what planning can help you do. I was really impressed with how people approached their project especially the ones who did their project on a person. It look like they really spent time on it during pre production instead of all their energy in post (like moi).

No comments:

Post a Comment